In Need of an Emergency Boiler Repair in Hertfordshire? Call Us Now.
Boiler Boffin’s fully certified gas safe heating engineers provide fast, long-lasting boiler repairs across Hertfordshire and North London, often on a same or next day basis.
We have repaired thousands of boilers and carry a wide range of spare parts to allow us to fix the most common faults immediately on site. Our heating engineers are accredited in the repair of Vaillant, Viessmann and ATAG boilers as well as many other leading brands.
We are also vastly experienced in all manor of Central Heating repairs and can quickly and safely replace leaking radiators, faulty motorised valves and pumps, failed TRV’s and even fully rewire central heating systems. We offer an exceptional emergency boiler repair service that will have your central heating working again in no time.
Fast, Long-Lasting Boiler Repairs for Less
Boiler Boffin provides a reliable, high-quality service at an affordable rate. All of our fees are completely transparent and you will never receive any surprise bills at the end of a visit. We charge a set diagnostic fee for any breakdown visit, covering the diagnosis of the fault and the first sixty minutes of labour. If the fault can’t be repaired within sixty minutes — or if a replacement part is required — we will provide a quote for the repair.
Fully-Certified Gas Safe Engineers, Able to Handle Any Boiler Fault
If your boiler is leaking and dripping, won’t produce hot water or is making a strange rumbling sound like a boiling kettle, never try to fix the problem yourself. Our gas safe engineers are familiar with hundreds of different types of boiler fault and will do everything in their power to provide you with a long-term fix that is as cost-effective as possible.
5 of the Most Common Type of Boiler Repairs
If you aren’t sure whether your boiler requires a repair or replacement, here are the most common type of boiler issues and standard resolutions. If any of these issues may be impacting on your boiler, we recommend contacting a Gas Safe registered engineer to assess the problem and provide support. You should never try to fix a leaking gas boiler yourself.
- No heating or hot water — if your boiler has a damaged component, the thermostat or controls have failed, the gas supply is interrupted or there is low water pressure, it can stop producing heat and hot water.
- Leaking and dripping — if your boiler is leaking this could be due to a broken internal component, like a pump seal or pressure relief valve. High pressure or a faulty expansion vessel could be the cause — or a worn out seal or o-ring.
- Kettling — if your boiler is making a strange rumbling sound like a boiling kettle, this can be caused by limescale or sludge build up inside your boiler’s heater exchanger that is restricting the flow of water.
- Extinguished pilot light — if your pilot light keeps going out, this could be caused by a broken thermocouple that is stopping the gas supply, a draught or deposits of dirt.
- Low boiler pressure — if the needle is below one on your boiler’s built-in pressure gauge, there might be an issue with low water pressure caused by a water leak, a faulty pressure relief valve or recently bled radiators